Delicious Pear, Maple & Bacon Pork Roast
Pear, maple and bacon is a beautiful flavour combination. At Millin’s Free Range Butcher we love to enhance those flavours by wrapping them around a Free Range Pork Roast. It’s a delicious pork-on-pork dish, which is always a good thing!
Want to make this dish for your next dinner party but short on time? Order your meat online, then make a quick stop a Millin’s to pick-up your pre-purchased pork and bacon rashers and you’ll be ready to prepare a gourmet meal that the whole family will love.
Cook Time and Yield
Time: | Serves: 4-6.
- 2 Tbs seeded mustard
- 1.4kg piece Millin’s Pork Neck
- 8 rashers Millin’s Thin Bacon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500ml free range chicken stock
- 1 garlic bulb – halved crossways
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 6 wedges each
- 3 medium Corella pears, halved
- 1 Tbs shredded fresh sage leaves
- ¼ cup pure Maple syrup
- Fresh Sage leave to serve
- Preheat oven to 160º.
- Spread mustard over the top of the pork neck.
- Wrap bacon around the pork, overlapping strips slightly.
- Place in a roasting dish and drizzle with oil and season with pepper.
- Add garlic, onion, pear and stock and sprinkle with shredded sage to dish.
- Drizzle with Maple syrup and cover with foil.
- Roast for 3 hours.
- Increase temperature to 200 degrees.
- Remove foil and roast for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice pork.
- Serve with the roasted garlic, onion and pear, and drizzle with the delicious pan juices. Top with extra sage leaves.